Entrepreneurial Scotland Annual Conference 2018
Entrepreneurial Scotland’s 22nd annual conference will take place on Thursday 26th April at Gleneagles Hotel and is the highlight of the annual programme. In 2018, our conference will bring together the most inspirational entrepreneurs of today and the rising stars of tomorrow to engage in open debate and share their valuable insights on scaling globally.
Global Mindset: What do leaders need to succeed? Entrepreneurial leaders with a global mindset have the best chance of taking advantage of emerging opportunities early on, driving innovation, growing sustainably, and delivering economic sustainability.
Focusing on the theme of “global mindset and ambition” we will explore the challenges and practicalities of leading with confidence into global markets.
A leader now has to develop skills to operate in a multi-polar world; a more uncertain, interdependent and digital world with hyper-connected, hyper-complex business models and an incredible pace of information and innovation. A global mindset is about crossing not just borders but also cultural divides between business, government, and social sectors.
- Mark Beaumont; Patron of the Entrepreneurial Scotland Foundation, record-breaking long- distance British cyclist, adventurer, broadcaster, documentary maker and author. Earlier this year, Mark broke the record for travelling around the world on a bike and managed to knock an astounding 44 days – a third – off the previous record of 123 days.
- Dr Vivienne Ming, will join the line-up for next month’s annual conference at Gleneagles. She co-founded Socos Labs, her fifth company, an independent think tank exploring the future of human potential. Dr. Ming launched Socos Labs to combine her varied work with that of other creative experts and expand their impact on global policy issues, both inside companies and throughout our communities.
- Gareth Williams, CEO and co-founder of Skyscanner, the travel website that was one of Scotland’s first unicorn companies and sold to China travel firm Ctrip in £1.4bn deal. Gareth was the winner of the Entrepreneurial Scotland Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017.
- Lord Bilimoria CBE, the founder of Cobra Beer, Chairman of the Cobra Beer Partnership Limited and of Molson Coors Cobra India, both joint ventures with the global brewing company, Molson Coors.
- Angus Macdonald, Chairman ICS Learn, the leading distance learning organisation, and winner of Entrepreneurial Scotland Scale Up Award 2017
The Conference Dinner will be the culmination of an inspiring day. There are 250 places available at the conference with only 150 places available for dinner. Tickets are offered on a first come first served basis and if required accommodation should be booked separately by the delegate*
Members of Entrepreneurial Scotland can book now at the discounted member rate:
- Conference Day Delegate £295 +VAT - Delegate package includes access to all conference sessions, arrival breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Conference and Dinner £395 +VAT - Delegate package includes access to all conference sessions, arrival breakfast, lunch, refreshments and a formal dinner with entertainment post conference.
Non-member rates can be booked by calling 0141 444 7159:
- Conference Day Delegate £395 +VAT - Delegate package includes access to all conference sessions, arrival breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- Conference and Dinner £495 +VAT - Delegate package includes access to all conference sessions, arrival breakfast, lunch, refreshments and a formal dinner with entertainment post conference.
Payment methods & Terms and Conditions
- Pay by credit card using the Book Now button or call to pay over the telephone on 0141 444 7159
- Pay by invoice, please contact the Entrepreneurial Scotland Network team on 0141 444 7159 (payment terms are on receipt of invoice)
Entrepreneurial Scotland Conference 2017 – a word from some of our attendees….
“You nailed it yesterday – if it was a triple somersault you landed on both feet and no misstep. Many of my peers thought it was one of the best conferences they had attended. Great speakers. Flawless planning and delivery, with the nice touch at the end with the young musicians.”
“I thought it was simply spectacular. I have to say it’s one of the best entrepreneur-led events I’ve been to.”
“It was one of the best events I have attended in a long time - a day definitely worth spending out the office. I did come away with a head buzzing full of ideas, the effect is still with me - after four days that says something.”
26th April 201809:30
WhereGleneagles HotelUnited KingdomAuchterarderPerthshirePH3 1NF