Impact Interims and Creative Access to Talent
Speaker: Fiona James-Martin, Partner, Carlyle
Member Level: Leading
Time: 18:45 – 22:00
Date: Thursday 14th March 2019
Event type: Focus Dinner
Price: £95 + VAT
Location: Radisson Collection Hotel, 1 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1AD
Each stage of business growth demands different knowledge, skills and experience – and therefore different talent. This intimate focus dinner in partnership with Carlyle will discuss the topic of Interim talent.
Fiona James-Martin, Partner and Head of Interim at Carlyle, will be discussing creative access to talent outside of traditional 'permanent hires', and the value that interim and advisory appointments can bring to scaling businesses. Whether that be to manage change, augment senior leadership teams, or tap into specialist talent that will help drive a business forward, interim executives and advisors provide an extra dynamic in terms of resource strategy. Interim executives are highly experienced professionals who enter a business at senior management / board level for a specified period of time to undertake high-impact projects which actively move the needle on strategic objectives. These individuals have typically held a variety of senior leadership positions and have chosen to move into interim / portfolio careers in order to apply their expertise to specific business challenges.
Areas covered during the dinner will include:
• How to use interim executives to bring specific skill sets into your business at the right time; for example, a Marketing Director to assist with launching a new product / service, a Finance Director to advise on M&A / exit, or a HR specialist who can help architect more sophisticated processes and procedures.
• Why advisory appointments outside of traditional NXDs can be invaluable in the development of your business - and how to access these individuals.
• How interim hires can offer part-time or fixed term alternatives for businesses which require senior expertise, but for which permanent hires or hires at a senior level are not financially viable.
• Why thinking ‘outside the box’ in terms of talent can benefit your business through both diversity of thought and experience.
Who will benefit from attending this focus dinner?
This dinner will be relevant to Leading Members:
- Who have an interest in accessing a broader range of talent to help them accelerate their business
- Those looking to better understand the benefits of interim and advisory appointments
- Those who are looking to meet up with like-minded leading members
More about Carlyle
Carlyle is an advisory Search firm that undertakes executive and non-executive mandates across the UK. In addition to Executive Search, Carlyle operate dedicated Interim and Board & Advisory practices, which focus on identifying and attracting the best non-permanent talent for senior, board and advisory roles.
14th March 201918:45
WhereRadisson Collection Hotel1 George IV BridgeUnited KingdomEdinburghEH1 1AD