We are currently recruiting for a Programme Manager to join our team at Entrepreneurial Scotland to support both our Saltire Fellowship and Scale up Scotland programmes. We are seeking a highly organised, proactive, and entrepreneurial individual to manage the tactical delivery of these executive education programmes. This is a newly created role to provide operational management support to the Programme Director in a small but fast paced and growing organisation.
Entrepreneurial Scotland has set out to help Scotland to become the most entrepreneurial society in the world. We do this through inspiring, developing and connecting a diverse community of people with an entrepreneurial mind-set in Scotland and internationally, who will collaborate to deliver transformational culture change.
Entrepreneurial Scotland has three distinct functions:
1. Running world-class programmes
2. Offering engaging networks tiered at different career levels
3. Collaborating with partners across the entrepreneurial landscape in Scotland
Currently our Executive Education programmes include The Saltire Fellowship Programme and The Scale up Scotland Leadership Programme.
The Saltire Fellowship offers individuals access to a world-class executive leadership development programme. The core programme is delivered over six months in Scotland and the USA.
The Scale up Scotland Leadership Programme is an ambitious 18-month programme aimed at Scotland’s high-growth businesses delivered by Entrepreneurial Scotland in partnership with The Hunter Foundation and Scotland Can Do. This world-class programme provides a game changing opportunity for an annual cohort of 20 business leaders who can demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and a commitment to scaling up their businesses.
Organisation Culture and Values
Invested, Curious and Responsive.
We care. We ask questions and seek to understand those we engage with. We listen and we respond.
We unlock potential.
We spot potential and we invest in it. We are not constrained by stereotypes and we embrace diversity of thought and experience. We encourage others to do the same.
We connect the dots.
We consider what more we can do to help ideas to become reality. We look for opportunities, are imaginative and are not constrained by borders or the norm. We bring a broader view and embrace the opportunities a global perspective.
Actions Speak Louder.
We deliver on our commitments. We do not compromise on quality and will go the extra mile to turn good into great. We are focused and clear on where we add most value. We are open, pragmatic and always mindful of our vision and priorities.
Programme Manager – Executive Education
Role reports to
|Full-time (37.5 hours)|
|Based at our Glasgow office with travel throughout Scotland. Occasional international travel may be required.|
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities
Operations – Saltire Fellowship
· Prospect for new Fellowship programme candidates by developing existing and new routes to market
· Manage pipeline and recruitment activities to attract and secure high calibre candidates
· Manage and develop sales pipeline for company sponsored places
· Manage and develop sales pipeline for host companies
· Manage and develop sponsorship opportunities across private, public and third sectors
· Project manage programme delivery in conjunction with external partners including Babson College, Strathclyde University and host companies
· Project manage overseas logistics including travel, accommodation, company visit schedules etc.
· Liaise with Fellowship participants on a regular basis to ensure all host projects are delivered to expectation
· Maintain regular contact and dialogue with Fellowship participants throughout UK and overseas assignments and take responsibility for issue / problem resolution
Operations – Scale up Scotland Programme
· Manage pipeline and assist with recruitment activities to attract and secure high calibre candidates
· Maintain regular contact and dialogue with programme participants and take responsibility for issue / problem resolution in conjunction with Programme Director
· Project manage programme delivery in conjunction with external delivery partners, Entrepreneurs in residence, venues and Programme Director
· Assist in the evaluation of potential delivery partners
· Manage the capture, collation and reporting of impact data
Operations – General
· Manage and Co-ordinate activity schedules for overseas learning journeys in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and partners in UK and overseas
· Deputise for Programme Director as required
· Support the wider Entrepreneurial Scotland team by attending events as required
· Provide line management to the Programmes Executive
· Provide updates and reports as required to the Programme Director, Board, Senior Management Team and Saltire Trustees
· Develop and sustain good working relationships with individuals and organisations
· Ensure all verbal and written communications are aligned with organisational values
Finance and Governance
· Maintain accurate visibility and forecasting of budgets in conjunction with Programme Director and Head of Finance
· Mitigate risks to budget
The above list is not exhaustive and, when appropriate, the individual will be required to carry out any other duties in relation to the business.
1. Strong project management and organisation skills
2. Proven sales or contract negotiation experience
3. In depth understanding of and empathy for the challenges facing entrepreneurs
4. Proven experience in working with senior executive/stakeholders
5. Proven ability to manage diverse workstreams and deliver on time to a high standard
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Diplomatic and politically astute individual with a high level of emotional intelligence, adept at working across all levels of an organisation
8. Team player who is willing to assist in performance of tasks in other areas of the business
1. Good working knowledge of the entrepreneurial eco-system in Scotland
2. Working knowledge of operating a CRM system (preferably Salesforce)
3. Remote management experience
4. Experience of managing a large operational budget
5. Global knowledge / awareness of the leading executive education programmes
6. Experience of working internationally
1. Demonstrates values by tangible and visible actions
2. Instigates and develops professional relationships based on mutual respect and trust
3. Maintains composure and focus when under pressure
4. Places a priority on determining and exceeding customer / stakeholder expectations
5. Develops proposals and plans to improve results / add value
6. Demonstrates a sense of personal ownership for outputs
7. Schedules activities to consistently meet deadlines and priorities, whilst allowing for contingencies, anticipating and removing potential obstacles
8. Practices self-development and supports others in their learning
9. Builds and develops relevant networks
10. Displays an Entrepreneurial mindset in identifying opportunities to add value and resolving problems
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 9th November. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 17th November.
Interviews will be held in Glasgow on Friday 1st December.